Breakfast & Tea
Cape May Bed & Breakfast
Breakfast and Tea
Breakfast and Afternoon Tea at The Queen Victoria offers the ultimate Cape May dining experience. During your visit to The Queen Victoria you’ll savor our generous offerings and share company with your fellow guests. At breakfast, you can gather around a large table in one of our two dining rooms and enjoy conversation and company along with our bountiful buffet. Often, you will find you have much in common with your fellow guests – the world can be very small around our big breakfast table!
If you’re looking for a more private or romantic meal, dine in the House of Royals parlor with its charming bistro tables set amid the incredibly ornate Victorian decor. It’s the prettiest dining room in Cape May! In the warmer months, outside dining is available on the porches of both the Prince Albert Hall and House of Royals buildings.
At afternoon tea, our guests gather on the wide porches in summer or in the cozy parlors in winter to sip tea and converse about their day. Tea time is an excellent time to plan your evening entertainment, often while browsing through the stack of restaurant menus we keep on hand for your convenience.
However enjoyable the conversations with other guests, you will always look forward to our Cape May dining at The Queen Victoria. Many choose us for their Cape May, NJ lodging because of our abundant and delicious breakfast offerings. You may serve yourself from the sideboards anytime from 8 to 10 a.m., which accommodates both early-risers and those of you who relish an opportunity for extra sleep. Freshly brewed coffee both regular and decaffeinated, is available for you in the guest pantries 24 hours a day.
Let us tell you about our breakfast buffet to whet your appetite. Abundance and generosity are served in a comfortable and enjoyable fashion in our inn.
Look forward to:
- Fresh squeezed orange juice, plus another choice of juice, never the same two days in a row!
- Cereals: We feature our famous homemade granola, which we call “The Queen’s Oats”, plus a basket of cereals for you to select from.
- Fresh fruit salad is prepared daily from a seasonal selection along with an assortment of whole fruits for your enjoyment each morning. There is also a bowl of Dannon vanilla yogurt for topping or layering with granola to make your own breakfast parfait.
- Homemade muffins are hot from the oven and may be banana-chocolate chip or the ever-popular blueberry.
- Toasting breads include a variety of Wolferman’s English muffins, freshly baked bagels, and an assortment of our popular homemade fruit and nut breads, served with cream cheese and the Queen’s delicious homemade strawberry jam.
- Hot entrees always include one of our popular egg casseroles plus a side dish of a breakfast meat such as sausage or ham, or for variety, a fruit crisp.
- Our locally roasted custom blend of coffee, both regular & decaf, is freshly brewed for you throughout breakfast each morning. If you prefer tea, you may choose from a wide variety of our premium Harney’s teas including black, herbal and decaffeinated. We’ll brew and serve your tea in your own pot, wrapped in one of our wonderful “tea cozies”, which keep it hot all morning long.
- For those of you watching the “carbs”, hard-boiled eggs are available every morning.
- Each day from 4 until 5:30 p.m., you are invited to join us for that civilized English tradition, afternoon tea. Our tempting tea-time menu includes at least three items to enjoy: a sweet, a savory and a “treat”, along with hot tea in the winter and iced teas in the summertime.
- A sweet such as cream cheese frosted banana bars, cinnamon walnut shortbread, mint brownies or almond apricot triangles are popular. It’s no accident that there is a preponderance of chocolate in many of the sweets!
- The savory is the British tradition of a non-sweet item at afternoon tea. Ours include our signature cheese spreads served with crackers, a spread with assorted veggies, or sliced fruits for variety.
- The treat makes afternoon tea special. You can look forward to delicious treats such as chocolate cake with drizzled icing; puff pastry filled with smoked salmon, cucumber sandwiches, or freshly made scones with our popular homemade strawberry jam.
We proudly serve Harney’s Tea in the afternoon. Hot or iced, Harney’s flavors are delicate, not overpowering. You will notice the aroma of peach, vanilla, black currant or mango, all delicious whatever the temperature. Summertime iced tea served with fresh mint from our garden also includes an herbal tea-everyone’s favorite is Lemon Zinger. And remember, there are always seconds and even thirds available from the sideboard as you enjoy conversation with your new-found friends at our inn. Food and friendship go together at The Queen Victoria®. Bon appétit!