The Queen Victoria is a historical property in Cape May and is not required to meet standard ADA guidelines. However, the Queen Victoria strives to ensure that its website services are accessible to people with disabilities. The Queen Victoria has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Website Accessibility Features
1. The Queen Victoria website has custom Meta Titles on every single page of the website, and on blog articles.
2. The Queen Victoria website has custom Meta Descriptions on every single page of the website.
3. The Queen Victoria website has on page H-1’s and custom text, that also tell people with disabilities what each page is about.
4. The Queen Victoria website has custom written Alt text for necessary graphics and all images on the website.
5. The Queen Victoria has installed and configured custom ADA plugins that assist screen readers to crawl the Queen Victoria website, without using the visual navigation. Customers may use their keyboard alone (up down arrows, enter key, etc.) to navigate the website. There are multiple other ADA features such as ADA mobile website navigation, etc.
6. The Queen Victoria website meets WACAG 2.1 AA standards for clear color contrast.
7.The Queen Victoria website also meets WCAG 2.1 AA standards for colorblind contrast.
8. The Queen Victoria’s digital marketing agency meets with third party vendors to ensure their their website plugins meet WCAG 2.1 AA standards. (Queen Victoria is not responsible for third party ADA website code, website plugins, etc.)
9. The Queen Victoria routinely revisits/enhances ADA issues such as Alt text, when changes are made to the website. Our digital marketing agency also consistently updates the core website WordPress code, PHP code, theme code, website plugins, and security keys.
10. The Queen Victoria online reservation system is provided by Think Reservations. The Queen Victoria makes no promise of ADA Accessibility, of our online reservation system. Contact Think Reservations directly for information about their ADA features.
11. The Queen Victoria website has been checked in a number of third party ADA scan software tools. Including Google Lighthouse, where the current ADA score is 94 (excellent).
The Queen Victoria continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities. Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on www.queenvictoria.com fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
We Are Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on www.queenvictoria.com website or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact us.
102 Ocean Street
Cape May, New Jersey 08204