Have we mentioned that fall is a beautiful and fun time to visit Cape May? There are some really fabulous things happening this time of year, so many – in fact – it’s hard to pick which ones to highlight first. Let’s start with Cape May’s special Halloween events.
Cape May Halloween Happenings | October 18 – 31
Cape May is one of the most haunted places in the United States. And, every October, Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities offers a unique selection of tours and events to celebrate this most spirited time year. If you’re a fan of ghosts, goblins, and all things that go bump in the night, now is the perfect time to visit to Cape May. Highlights include:
- Behind the Scenes: H.H. Holmes: The Monster Behind the Man
- Phantoms of the Physick Estate: Victorian Spiritualism House Tour
- Tea & Confessions: An Expose of Victorian Spiritualism
- Victorian Killers & Monsters in the Café
- Historic Haunts House Tour
For more information on Halloween tours and special events, visit Halloween Happenings on MAC’s website.
Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey | October 19 – 20
Join the Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey and climb all of the state’s maintained lighthouses! Share in the joy and beauty of these beloved navigational aids that represent New Jersey’s rich nautical history and serves as an example of exceptional engineering. This “tour” also includes a museum related to the lighthouses as well as life-saving stations that served to rescue those who shipwrecked off the coastline. Earn a souvenir at each tour site for your efforts and discover a new side of New Jersey in the less populated, coastal areas.
How does it work?
- Take a look at the lighthouses on a map
- Decide where you’d like to start
- Plan a route. Official tour directions may be helpful.
- On Saturday morning, go to your first lighthouse and pick up a souvenir penny booklet for $5.00. This can be obtained at any lighthouse so you may start wherever you like. Each lighthouse will offer a custom crushed penny to contribute to your booklet.
- Once you’ve visited all of the sites on the challenge, notify volunteers at your final site and you’ll be entered to win $1,000.
Cape May Restaurant Weekend | October 31 – November 3
Don’t miss this opportunity to sample the best restaurants in Cape May! Cape May Restaurant Weekend offers fixed-price dining for just $35 per person. Each special menu includes an appetizer, entree, and dessert. And, of course, portions and ingredients will be on par with what each restaurant typically serves.
Restaurant Weekend Details:
- No tickets are required, though reservations are recommended where available.
- Simply visit any participating restaurant to take part in the event
- See individual restaurant listings for dates and times
- You’ll be given the event menu when you’re seated so no need to ask for it.
No matter what you choose to do during your visit, we hope you’ll choose to stay with us at The Queen Victoria. The Queen Victoria is ideally situated in the center of the best Cape May shops and restaurants. We’re just a short walk from pretty much anything you could want to do or see.
For more information about Halloween Happenings in Cape May, visit the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities.