A trip to a seaside village should be relaxing, so don’t let packing stress you out. The last thing we want is for our guests to worry needlessly about what to bring for their stay. Here’s what to pack for your Cape May vacation this fall.
For your Cape May vacation, a lightweight 22-inch suitcase will likely offer plenty of room. It’s big enough to hold everything you need for a long weekend, but not so big that it’s a pain to lug around. Suitcases that are too big can quickly ruin a trip that’s supposed to be nothing but relaxing.
The Beach Bag
While you may not spend a ton of time sunbathing on the beach in October and November, it’s still a good idea to bring a sturdy beach bag. Why? Because Cape May beaches are beautiful in the fall. They’re the perfect spot to cozy up with a good book and hot chocolate. Look for a bag that has an insulated compartment and plenty of room for towels, reading materials, and other fall-time beach necessities.
Typically, flip-flops are at the top of our list, but the weather is a little too brisk to wear them here in the fall. Instead, opt for a good pair of tennis shoes, clogs and/or lightweight boots. This way, you’ll stay warm and comfortable while shopping around, jogging, visiting local vineyards, or playing a little golf.
No matter the season, you’ll want to bring a waterproof jacket for the occasional rainy day. We suggest a lightweight shell you can pair with t-shirts or sweaters depending on the temperature. A lightweight micro puff may not be a bad idea either.
Clothing and Accessories
- T-shirts: great for layering.
- Sweaters: also great for layering.
- Long pants: you’ll want them to keep warm. Jeans or linen to wear out to dinner are great. Even corduroy for especially cool nights.
- Fall time accessories: a hat, gloves, and scarf may come in handy – especially if you plan to spend time near the water.
- Casual dresses: great for evenings out to dinner or the theatre.
- Sunglasses: the bigger, the better. The sun is still very bright here in the fall. Make sure to protect your eyes from glare.
A casual purse that’s large enough to hold essentials like a water bottle and phone is a good idea for women.
- A kindle: enjoy downtime with your favorite books. Books can be heavy to lug around, and they take up a lot of room, so consider getting a paperwhite kindle.
- Reusable water bottle: it’s always important to stay hydrated, so fill up one or more reusable bottles and bring them with you. Avoiding disposable plastic bottles is great for the environment which is important to our seaside community.
There you have it. Now you know everything you need to bring for your next stay at The Queen Victoria.
We’re committed to providing our guests with exceptional stays all year round. We’ve got everything you need to have a fun and relaxing Cape May vacation. Our award-winning bed and breakfast is conveniently situated at the center of town, just steps away from local shops, restaurants, and the Atlantic Ocean. Visit us this fall.