Top 10 Christmastime activities in Cape May
It’s the most wonderful time of year and spending the holidays in Cape May is a terrific way to celebrate. That’s why we’ve outlined our favorite Christmastime activities you can enjoy this happiest season of all.
So, read on for the best Christmastime activities in Cape May. Perhaps you’ll learn about the glories of Christmases long, long, ago.
Book your room at The Queen Victoria.
Top 10 Christmastime activities in Cape May:
- Holiday tours: Cape May will make your spirit bright with the variety of holiday tours offered during the season. From candlelight house tours to specialty trolley rides, you’ll be feeling festive in no time. Christmas Tours for 2022 are listed below.
- Have an old-fashioned Christmas: At the Carroll Gallery, stroll through the “An Old-fashioned Christmas” exhibit to view model trains, a Dickens Village, and feel like a kid again! This truly is a Cape May Christmas wonderland for all to enjoy.
- Dinner and a Christmas show: Enjoy a fantastic dinner at one of Cape May’s many fantastic restaurants, then head over to Cape May Stage for One Christmas Carol, showing November 16 through December 30, Wednesday through Saturday at 7pm, and Saturday and Sunday at 2pm.
- Sip a seasonal: Visit the tasting room at Cape May Brewery and try a seasonal brew, like its Apple Pie Beer or I Know What You Did Last Shandy spiced beer. Open Sunday through Wednesday from 12pm to 7pm and Thursday through Saturday from 12pm to 8pm
- Take a romantic ride through town: We don’t have horse-drawn sleighs, but the Cape May Carriage Company offers romantic carriage rides through December so you can enjoy an old-fashioned ride through Cape May’s lit-up streets with your special someone.
- Shopping: Treat yourself to a little gift from Cape May or find the perfect present for someone on your list! The Washington Street Mall has many shops to choose from and several offer extended hours as the holidays approach. The Queen Victoria gift shop is also a lovely place to shop. Or keep things simple and purchase a The Queen Victoria gift certificate.
- Stroll the beach: Enjoy a nice long walk along the shore in December. Bundle up and stroll the beach then grab a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. Don’t forget about teatime at The Queen Victoria. Served every day at 2pm, enjoy hot tea and fresh baked goodies.
- See a show at East Lynn Theatre Company: Visit East Lynn Theatre Company for this year’s Christmas production, Christmas Presents from the Past. Tales include Nathaniel Hawthorne’s “Snow Image.” Mary Wilkins Freeman’s “Christmas Masquerade,” and O. Henry’s “Gift of the Magi,” adapted and performed by Gayle Stahlhuth.
- Relax at the spa: Indulge with a spaliday special at the Cape May Day Spa. No, really, it’s a holiday special available through January 8 that includes a peppermint-infused body wrap and paraffin dip.
- Explore The Queen Victoria: With our three unique Christmas trees and cozy ambiance, exploring The Queen Victoria during the holidays is certainly a treat. If you prefer to relax and unwind in our festive bed and breakfast, we won’t hold it against you!
Cape May 2023 Christmas Tours
- All that Glitters Trolley Tour | tickets and availability
- Santa’s Trolley Rides | tickets and availability
- Ghosts Of Christmas Past Trolley Tours | tickets and availability
- Holiday Lights Trolley Rides | tickets and availability
- Evening Yuletide House Tour | tickets and availability
- Lamplighter Christmas House Tour | tickets and availability
- Physick Family Christmas House Tour | tickets and availability
There you have it. The top 10 Christmas activities in Cape May. We can’t wait to welcome you at The Queen Victoria this holiday season. For more information about rooms, rates, and staying with us, visit the Our Inn page. Merry Christmas and happy holidays from all of us at The Queen Victoria.
Originally published on December 9, 2016. Updated on November 15, 2022.