Cape May Bed & Breakfast
Halloween in Cape May
October Cape May Events
Published on October 08, 2015
Cape May is the place to be in October and it’s not just the living that agrees! Spirits come to life in the spirit of Halloween around the city and there’s no shortage of spooky activities.
Our chilling ghost tours explore the history and hauntings of Cape May and are offered in a variety of ways to suit your needs. Some highlights for this year’s spooky events courtesy of the Cape May MAC include:
- Ghosts of Cape May Trolley Tour: The classic October ride on the trolley tour brings the paranormal aboard as you hear the stories of spooks and spirits wandering about in Cape May.
- Cape Mayhem Trolley Tour: Cape May fascinates its visitors with its Victorian appeal but there are some oddities from the era that are explored on this specialty trolley tour in October! Learn about headless photography, electric corsets, and superstitions of the era on a 30-minute ride into the past. Who knows what you might bring back with you.
- Ghosts of the Lighthouse Trolley Tour: Our local ghost writer and psychic, Craig McManus, will take you on a haunted road to the Cape May Lighthouse where the spirits are still seeking the light. Craig also offers walking tours where he’ll share his supernatural findings in Cape May over the years.
- Historic Haunts House Tour: Peek into the paranormal side of the Emlen Physick Estate on a guided ghost hunting tour. Be sure to let us know if the doctor is in.
- Madame Parmentier’s Psychic Tea: Anna Marie and I are quite fond of tea time at The Queen Victoria, but for a glimpse into the future from a fortune teller or a visit with a palm reader you must attend this tea time at the Carriage House Café & Tearoom on Saturday, Oct. 17 or Oct. 24.
For event dates and more information, visit the Cape May MAC’s Halloween Happenings page.
No matter what activity you choose to add some toil and trouble to your Cape May vacation in October, we’re sure that you’ll be thrilled with the Halloween events happening around town. Have no fear by booking your October stay at The Queen Victoria, Anna Marie and I haven’t found any apparitions… yet.