Cape May Bed & Breakfast
Cape May Food & Wine Celebration
Cape May Festival Events
Published on August 11, 2016
It should come as no surprise that Anna Marie and I thoroughly enjoy Cape May’s wine scene and perfecting our winemaking skills with our annual Wine Lover’s Weekend wine blending challenge but our friends at the Cape May MAC have wine events down to an art with the Cape May Food & Wine Celebration each fall.
Now in its 20th year, this fabulous event showcases the exceptional wine made in the Cape May region and is another excellent excuse to try pretty much every restaurant in town, or as it’s known: The restaurant capital of New Jersey. We know you don’t need another reason to visit Cape May but this event could persuade you to plan your trip over the weekend of September 9 or 16.
Some of the popular events include:
- The Cape May Wine Trail – start with lunch and then jump on the trolley to visit the region’s wineries
- The chocolate lover’s feast – are you ready for seven courses of chocolate?
- Gourmet brunch walk – start your morning with a historic walking tour and then see what everyone’s raving about when it comes to brunch at the Mad Batter
- Chef’s dine-arounds – try five gourmet dishes from five of Cape May’s best restaurants with a trolley shuttle between restaurants. This event is offered Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday making it a great midweek event with fewer crowds and is always a ton of fun!
- Champagne jazz brunch at Aleathea’s – enjoy a delightful Sunday brunch with a jazzy accompaniment
As part of the name will tell you, this event is mostly designed for adults and there are limited events that can accommodate young ones. Though, I think that makes it the perfect opportunity to enjoy a romantic getaway to Cape May while the weather is still in our favor. Find the perfect room to retreat to after tasting your way through Cape May and as the tagline states: Eat, drink, and be merry!
If you possibly cannot get enough of trying Cape May’s first-rate restaurants, save the date now for the fall Cape May Restaurant Weekend from November 3 – 6, 2016. Though not as large as the June version, you’ll still be able to enjoy three-course dinners for $35 each at an array of participating restaurants.