Most don’t know that Cape May is a hot spot for bird watchers – but it’s true! So, we invite you to join us this week for the Cape May Fall Festival. Organized by the New Jersey Audubon, the Cape May Fall Festival is a must-not-miss event for bird lovers and enthusiasts of all levels.
This Thursday, October 18th through Sunday, October 21st, Cape May will host the longest-running birding festival in the country. And, since Cape May has a tremendous bird population, there’s no better place for this great event. With so many birds, you’ll find it easy to immerse yourself in the birding world. Be a part of the fall migration series, attend a variety of different bird walks, and learn from top birding experts.
Registration is $69 per day or $185 for all three days. All registration fees go to making sure this great event happens year after year.
Here’s what you can look forward to this year:
- Dr. Merlin Tuttle’s keynote presentation. Dr. Tuttle is a scientist, the father of modern bat conservation, and founder of Merlin Tuttle’s Bat Conservation. Join Dr. Tuttle for a talk complete with stunning photographs of bats courting, pollinating, fishing, and hunting. The cost is $40 for registrants ($50 for non-registrants) and includes a social and buffet dinner.
- Dr. J. Drew Lanham’s talk on natural history, travelogue adventure, and social commentary. In his presentation, Ornitherapy – Confessions of a Lapsed Lister and a Life Saved by Birds, Dr. Lanham will outline his experiences as an ornithologist, birder-conservationist, and poet-author. This event is free of charge for registrants.
- Special experiences like the coveted walk at the US Coast Guard Training Facility and small group walks with Drew Lanham, David La Puma, Pete Dunne, and Kevin Karlson. These experiences will be available exclusively to registrants. Additional fees may apply.
- Special trips on trolleys and boats led by birding professionals. Additional fees may apply.
- Birding workshops that will enrich your knowledge in every area – for every interest!
As you can see, the Cape May Fall Festival offers so much that it is easy to tailor your experience to your individual interests. Join us this year for some of the best birding in the country.
The Queen Victoria hosts many bird watchers each year. Our great location and luxury accommodations are the best in town. Visit us for some quiet and comfortable downtime after each festival day. Enjoy an afternoon tea in our cozy parlors and reflect on your favorite parts of your bird-watching day. Start the following day with a bountiful buffet to fuel your upcoming birding adventures. Go to our Rooms page to book your stay.